Monday, February 4, 2008

What's in that cup?

We'll let Corbin make his own announcement:



(he's saying "cows milk" right there - in case you couldn't understand him. *woohoo*)

HOLY COW - can you believe it? I've had a hunch for a while now that he had outgrown his dairy allergy (he's been sneaking cinnamon toast and quesadillas off Jenalyn's plate) - but I wasn't going to really test it until his birthday later this month - I was going to give him a big bowl of ice cream! BUT, I got home from work this afternoon and Corbin was chugging down his sippy - it took me a while, but then...wait a minute...we ran out of soy milk yesterday! WHAT'S IN THAT SIPPY CUP, Jason? Hmmm...? Oh yes, my ever pre-occupied hubby put cow's milk in Corbin's sippy! *pfft* Good thing he's not allergic to peanuts, huh? Anyhow, for the rest of the day he was nipping at my heals saying "cows milk?" "cows milk, mommy!" I guess he likes it! AND then, we decided to really got for it and he got mac'n cheese for dinner - 'tho he didn't seem too excited about that. AND THEN we went to see the VeggieTales movie for FHE and got a big ol' bag of buttered popcorn - Oh yes, he loved that! Oh but you wouldn't believe how much popcorn our little princess can throw down! She looked pregnant after the movie - SERIOUSLY - her belly was bulging with popcorn! Like one of those JiffyPop tins you pop over the stove *giggle* we were worried she'd explode! And she was insistent on keep the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow morning *lol*

So anyway, I guess we'll know within the next couple days whether or not he's really over his allergy! Say a little prayer for our Mr. Corbin (and us - those diapers are NOT fun to change!)

Anyhow, for nostalgia purposes, here's a picture of Corbin with his miserable rash before we learned of his allergy (this picture really does the rash no justice - it was seriously horrible! People at the grocery store would stop and stare because it looked like he had been in a car accident, or been thrown thru a glass window - he was constantly scratching his poor widdle head! (4 months old - June 2006 - snoozing in Gramma Jan's arms.)

5 comments:

Ginny said...

That boy didn't know what he was missing! Sounds like he made up for it today, eh? lol Love the picture at 4 months...like my Bruce now!

Ginny said...

...too fun video by the way! Love it, I want some blue milk too.

rachel said...

Oh sad picture. That makes me so sad.
I'm glad he's over that allergy (crossing my fingers for tomorrow...). That just can't be any fun for mama.

carizolli said...

Oh it is such a relief! Not fun for this mama AT ALL! This will make preparing meals so much easier!

Anonymous said...

YAY Corbin! Thats a pretty MAJOR break through! Congrats little guy!