For my birthday my in-laws bought me and Jenalyn tickets to go see the St. Olaf Choir at the Hult Center. He was very specific that it wasn't a date for me and Jason - but was for me and Jenalyn. *lol* It was a very sweet thought and I really appreciated it. He took us to a nice restaurant for dinner with the whole family before the show.I kept telling Jenalyn that we were going to go on a date - just her and mommy! She was so excited. I don't think she knew what to expect. She kept asking, are we going to be dancing? Will there be toys? Will there be roller skates? *lol* I hope she wasn't too disappointed when she realized that I wasn't joking when I told her that we were going to "sit like grown ups" and listen to some beautiful music.
We got AMAZING seats! We were in the center of row "C"! That's just a few rows from the stage! Sitting still and quietly for such a long period of time is a difficult thing for a 4-year-old. But I thought Jenalyn was doing a reasonably good job of it. After intermission the couple behind us complimented on how well she was doing, and so did a couple down the row from us. Then, not 2 minutes later an usher came and "invited us" to move to the side and towards the back where there weren't many guests so that Jenalyn wouldn't distract other people *hmph* I almost cried! I kept wondering did someone complain about us? Do people think it was ridiculous for me to bring my 4-year-old to a show like this...especially since it was past her bedtime? So we didn't stay too much longer after that. *sniffles*
At any rate, it was a fun thing to get dressed up and go out with my Jena-bug. I just wish FIL would have bought us tickets to see Jungle Book instead - that's a little more up Jenalyn's alley right now.


Here we are after our date: I love you bugga-boo!
5 comments:
Well I'm certainly glad you guys had a good time. you looked great. Next Friday is MY date night with you. Got it?! :)
LAME that they asked you to move!!! That would make me sad.
But glad you had fun with your girl. How special!
Oh Cari, it sounds like you had a good time, regardless of the rudeness. She looks like such a little lady! I love it!
P.S. you kinda look like Aunti Rae in that picture. Just a thought...
You both look beautiful! What a neat birthday present. It would be fun to spend time one on one with each kid once in a while. I bet Jenalyn loved it.
What a fun idea, you both look too cute!
Post a Comment