Sunday, February 24, 2008

Corbin is TWO

Okay, please don't lynch me, but I will be blogging out of order *gasp* I still haven't blogged about Justin's visit last week, but I just have to post about my bubby's birthday ON his birthday! I'll get Justin's visit posted within the next couple days!

To the left you will see the super cute cake I made to celebrate Corbin's 2nd (I know that looks like lettuce, but it's colored coconut). It was a lot of fun and easier than it looks (although I left a lot out because of poor planning on my part - here is a link to what the cake is supposed to look like). It was perfect for Corbin though because he loves Disney's Cars. First thing when he wakes up in the morning, "Watch Cars!" After breakfast, "Watch Cars!" After nap, "Watch Cars!" After dinner "Watch Cars!" He's like a broken record! He's nuts over that movie!

So anyway, we had a simple party tonight. We had family over for dinner. Great-grandma "Scrabe" made her famous lasagna and we had rolls and salad. Then we did cake and ice cream - Corbin wasn't the least bit interested in dinner (crazy kid - my grandma's lasagna is the BEST!) but he cheered when it was time for cake and ice cream (don't laugh at my birthday candles - another ball I dropped - so we had to improvise!)

I can't believe Corbin has been in our lives for two years already. He is such a sweet boy. He covers his mouth when he coughs and he is really good at saying "Please" and "Thank You." (I'm a proud mama!) I love his kisses before bedtime. He kisses my whole face! He starts with my cheeks and points out every other part, names it and kisses it! This even includes my hair and, if I'm wearing one, my barrette. There is no question he's a mama's boy. He loves me and I love him...like I never imagined I could! So today was certainly a day worth celebrating! Corbin has been in our family for two whole years! I love you big, handsome, bubby-boy!

Here are a couple bonus pictures of my big boy - they were taken yesterday. I was making brownies to take to Jen and Tim's house and I let Corbin lick the scraper when I was done.


3 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your cutie boy!! Love the cake. Christian loves that movie, too, but calls it "Fast Cars". They'd be little buddies in nursery, for sure, if we were in the same ward.

**the muirs** said...

How cute is he? Your cake turned out really cute too! Happy 2nd Birthday Corbin! Uncle Greg and Aunt Cheryl love you!!!

Jen said...

Could it go by any faster?!?! Seriously, it seems like just last week we were both holding newborns! He is such a good boy!!