Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Big Week Last Week


Oh man we had a HUGE week last week! So much to blog about but I didn't have the time. So here's my catch-up post! First off, I never want to forget this this moment I shared with Jenalyn last week - so I snapped a couple pictures. We had a triple birthday celebration that weekend and this was the leftover cake. I pulled it out of the fridge and got two forks and Jenlayn and I piggied out :) Yummy chocolate cheesecake made better by my sweet girl's soft humming as she enjoyed tiny bites...er, maybe not so tiny!

On Valentine's Eve Corbin got his elbow popped out of place *sob* poor little guy! I had a friend over and we were chatting in the living room. The kids were in their bedroom. All of a sudden Corbin started crying furiously! Jason went and got him but he wouldn't soothe :( he put him in his high chair with some cereal which always makes it better...and it did for a while, but then he started wailing after a while out of the blue. By then my friend was gone and when I went in I noticed he was holding his arm funny. I was worried that he broke something! Jenalyn said she was trying to help him get up on her bed and was pulling on his arm. So I rushed him to Urgent Care and within minutes the doctor had popped it back into place and my little guy was hopping and jumping back to the car while cracking jokes! Amazing what a quick fix it was. Doc also showed me how to fix a dislocated elbow in case it ever happens again.

Corbin had his first haircut on Valentine's Day! Can you believe that? He's almost 2 years old and just had his first haircut :) Yeah, my babies are baldies - Jenalyn still has never had her haircut! He did pretty good, but the clippers tickled and he kept squirming *lol* that made it a challenge. But I think it turned out pretty good!



Our before and after pictures don't really show a great difference - but he looks so handsome! We shaved the back and kept it long on top.

We had company in from out of town this weekend too - but that's for another post. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cari, I just love your little kiddos! I LOVE seeing pictures of them and how much they have grown. Give them both smooches from Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Greg!

rachel said...

Cute haircut!
Yummy cheesecake!
Great post!

Lizzy said...

Hey, I found your blog in Tara's comments. What a small world!

I'm so impressed you were able to cut Corbin's hair. I tried to give my little guy a cut and totally butchered his hair. Every time we looked at it for the few weeks following we laughed. I will not be attempting that again!

That chocolate cheesecake looks delicious by the way!

Lisa said...

Cari, you are brave! I still have not given Benjamin a haircut yet. I dread it. How did you get Corbin to sit still?

Jen said...

Dustin is impossible to give a hair cut. Corbin looks like he was a little angel for you!! OK, I REALLY want some of that cheesecake.

Jason Zollinger said...

I let her cut my hair once. Then I shaved my head...

LeaAnne said...

I can't even believe that you were so calm with Corbin and how quick you got home. Our men(hubbies) were out home teaching after you got home that night!! I kept telling Rune that they should not go because you might need Jason! You are a better wife than me! Good luck with the hair cut, it is still hard for Sam ..LOL