After some discussion we decided the poor animal would likely die slowly of starvation and end up stinking up the house, so we decided the best thing to do would be to light a fire and get it over with quickly. While I was lighting the fire (I'm the fire master in the house) I kept picturing a poor sweet little birdie and I almost couldn't do it! To make it easier for me, Jason said, "What if it's a bat! Or a rabid vampiric rat!!! *yikes* So the fire got lit and we closed the door and opened the flume.
After about 10 minutes I couldn't see the glowing from the fire anymore so I figured my fire had gone out (it's my first fire this season...gimme a break!). Not even thinking, I walked over and opened the door to the fireplace and, sure enough it was completely black inside! Charred, half-burned pieces of wood...and then...AHHHHH...a little black bird flew out at me! OH MY GOSH! I SCREAMED so loud!
I wish we had gotten it on video because it definitely would have won us $100,000 on AFV! Jason and I both leaped into action...actually our first instincts were to flee the room and close the door *LOL* leaving poor, defenseless little Corbin in the living room with the crazy-scared bird! Finally we both got our bearings and opened the front door and tried chasing it out. When it perched on our mantel with all of our family pictures a light bulb went off and I realized I should be snapping pictures for my blog *HAHA* but I was too slow! By the time I got to my camera the bird had flown the coop!
Jason, the germ-a-phobe that he is, ran around the room with the Lysol spray, spraying every surface the bird touched *LOL*
Good thing it wasn't a rabid vampiric rat!
(P.S. I didn't take that picture, found it online for reference.)
9 comments:
FREAKY!!!!!!!!
So glad it wasn't a rabid vampire bat! Now you have a funny story to tell. And so does the bird!
Ugh, that is so creepy. I would have freaked. You're very gutsy to light a fire and then chase that bird out. You should win a bravery award.
Good thing it was not rat or bat, huh? You totally could have won the AFV! I can just picture you guys. Thanks for a good laugh!
I was laughing so hard picturing you guys running away and leaving poor Corbin. I'm glad that it left quickly. Great story!
Never a dull moment in life, huh? I guess it was a blessing for the bird that the fire went out, but what a crazy experience for you. I can just imagine the chaos!
Um, I would have screamed and then screamed some more!! You are brave!
I would have freaked out and then once it was out laughed my butt off. Wild birds are scary close up!
I had some chickens thrown into my place once. I just swung and broom and kept my eyes shut.
Post a Comment