Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chopsticks and Fortunes

I recently had to increase my hours at work because of an enormous increase in foreclosures! My boss assures me it's a temporary change, but who knows when the economy will look up. *shrugs* So now I work full days on Tuesday and Thursdays (still off at 11:00 M-W-F *woo*). I can't believe how soft I've become. Working 8 hours kicks my butt! It doesn't help when the house is a disaster when I walk in the door. So I got home, vacuumed and picked up the living room, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and wiped down the counters...NO WAY was I going to make dinner tonight too! (yes, I know I'm a whimp.)

So we splurged tonight and went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. I think I earned it! And it was delicious. Definitely a worthy splurge.

Jenalyn used chopsticks as much as she could - she only used her spoon for the rice. I was very impressed.
Fortunes:

Jenalyn: "Others find your charm irresistible" How very appropriate for my sweet bug.
Corbin: "Your dearest wish will come true" It totally did, too. We got our dessert like 2 minutes later!*
Jason: Nothing. Jason's cookie was devoid of fortune. Not even a blank strip of paper! I guess he has to make his own fortune.
Mine: "You will soon find someone who supports your cause." I guess I better decide what my cause is so I know when I find that person.

*Oh, let me tell you about this dessert! We ordered banana spring rolls with pineapple/coconut ice cream. YUM! It had caramel drizzled over the top. HEAVEN on a plate!

7 comments:

The Fife's said...

Okay you made me hungry!!

rachel said...

I LOVE PF CHANGS!!!!!

LeaAnne said...

PF Changs... YUM!

Jason should have complained about the lack of fortune..they would have given him a second cookie! (we did that once)

YYyyyahoooo for Mom not having to cook!

Kathy said...

Yum!! I hope that's not an omen that Jason had no fortune... So proud of Jenalyn for using the chop-sticks!

Lizzy said...

PF Changs is yummy. It's been too long since I've been there.

I'm glad you got to go out. Sounds like you deserved it!

Brianne said...

I miss having a PF Changs so close. There's only one in Houston and it's about 45 minutes away....not worth it.

And the banana spring rolls are amazing. good choice!

Lisa said...

I am impressed you took pictures! I never would have thought of it. The ones of Jenalyn with her chopsticks are so cute!