Monday, June 30, 2008

Pool, Big Boy Bed and a Castle

The Pool:

Last Tuesday we spent our first afternoon of the summer at the little wading pool at the park. I took the kids, just me - I usually try to get a friend to go with me, but I wanted to get some reading done while the kids played. But alas, I forgot to bring my sunglasses and my eyes couldn't stare at a white page with he sun blaring on it for too long *headache* so I took pictures and just enjoyed the sun instead. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a GREAT time!

Big Boy Bed:

In other news: We have officially moved Corbin into his big-boy bed. If you remember a couple months ago we talked about moving him because he was climbing out of the crib, but we found his escape route and eliminated it *bwahaha* But his crib was starting to wear down so we took the leap.
He loves his new bed - although bedtime has definitely become more of a challenge. But there are days (like today) when he surprises me and there is no struggle at nap time - perhaps because Jenalyn isn't there to play with him.

The Castle:


On Saturday Jason's family from Colorado was in town. We had a picnic at the park. It was excruciatingly HOT - but we still had a GREAT time! As always, they spoiled my children :) This time with water guns, a badmitten set, bouncy balls and sweet little Furr Real pets. And if that wasn't enough...dun dun dun dun: the Zolli Castle! WOW! Jason and I set it up while the kids were in bed last night so they would wake up to it this morning:

And here it is after the kids moved in. Notice the guards placed on the towers and the two chairs that served as thrones for the king & queen :)

Jenalyn tied this blanket around Corbin's neck while prouncing him the King *lol*

Ah - this seriously is the coolest castle! As you can see, you can color it too. When I got home from work Jenalyn had a blanket draped over the top and it was the coolest fort (I wish I fit inside *pout*)! They literally played in it ALL day long! I only wish our house was bigger! It's only a matter of time before Jason gets tired of the clutter and and turns into a big ogre and tears down the walls. We need a play room!

7 comments:

rachel said...

That little pool looks like so much fun! Would they let my older girls in there or is there an age limit? I'd want them there to help with Christian so I could focus on the baby...
We should meet there sometime so the boys could become little buddies. Plus my girls and Jenalyn would get along WELL!!! She's so dang social. What a doll. It was so fun meeting her last week at Winco.

Heather said...

Now THAT's something to look forward to! Promise to take us to that pool when we get there? And we definitely wanna play in your castle, so don't let Jason get ALL the way rid of it. Perhaps we could just pass it back and forth between houses! Good luck with the big boy bed freedoms, and remember to keep the baby powder WAY up high!!

Heidi said...

maybe this friday we can meet you at the pool. My girls really need some outings, and I could really use getting out too. I'll look and see if their suits still fit.

Tara said...

How fun!!! Did it almost make you cry that he is in a big boy bed now? Gosh they grow up way too fast!

That castle thing is awesome!

Lizzy said...

That is some castle. You should just take it outside when it gets to be too big for the house. Don't tear it down!

I don't know how you can handle two kids at the pool. I can barely manage with one. Ben is a little terror though. When he's not jumping into the deep end, he's running full force for some unsuspecting person's beach bag to scrounge for wallets (he's got this thing for wallets). He's a handful!

Jen said...

You come up with the coolest stuff to occupy your kids! So fun.

Mary said...

So where can I get family like that! Love the fortress!