Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend *woot*

We had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! It started Friday night. We drove out to the coast to stay at my grandma's time-share house in Depoe Bay. We were greeted by my grandma and my cousin and his family. It was such a beautiful house! Took our breath away when we walked in the door! We had dinner and hung out that night. The next day we drove in to Newport for farmer's market. Then back to the house to take the kids swimming.
Jenalyn had such a great time with her cousins! Before too long they all left us and we waited for our friends, Jen & Tim to arrive with their little family.

Saturday night we drove back to Newport for dinner and picked up a movie. Then we put the kids to bed and watched P.S. I Love You on the big 60" Plasma TV :) It was pretty awesome!

We spent most of the day Sunday on the beach with the kids. They were so funny! Corbin got down and dirty and was covered in sand and soaked to the bone within minutes...and Jenalyn was tip-toeing around the tide pools and saying we needed to get out of there because the beach was too dirty *ack* what a girly-girl! So anyway, here are a couple of my fav pics from our weekend at the coast:
(gearing up for a puddle jump - I love this picture!)

You really gotta click on this picture to see it bigger :) It's too cute!

Notice the cringe on Jenalyn's face. I had to reassure that that her feet wouldn't get wet because of her beach boots!Click on this one too - that's fist-fulls of sand he's about ready to chuck! He's such a boy!

The kids were the only ones who took advantage of the beautiful jacuzzi tub! All these suds came from the baby soap we used to wash them...combined with the jets.Oh man I wish they had Picasa for the Mac - that would make sharing my pictures much easier! I hope you didn't get a cramp in your finger from scrolling! I take too many pictures and then I can't narrow down my favorites! SORRY!

5 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh my, you guys are so lucky to live near the beach! That looks like an awesome house to stay in too. See, I keep saying we need to do fun little trips and adventures...there are memories to be made!

Jen said...

I LOVE that you take a ton of pics! I wish I was more snap happy. Such a fun weekend. Let's do it again, like, how bout EVERY weekend!

Lisa said...

You got some really cute pictures! Corbin looks like he and Benjmain did about the same things on the beach - throw sand and jump in the water. Boys are so different than girls!!!! Glad you guys had a fun weekend.

Tara said...

What a fun weekend! Man I miss that gorgeous coast!

rachel said...

Shame on you not using that jacuzzi tub!!! I'm appalled. Really.

What a fun beach trip. I miss the beach. Time for me to go.... Well. Maybe I'll wait for the sun to come back.