Enough about me, lets talk about the kids!
I don't know if they are getting cuter (if that's even possible) or if I'm just emotional and feeling especially gushy over every little thing lately, but they amaze me! So here are a couple pictures I took over the weekend. Just simple things that made me smile.
Today while I was slothing on the couch with my nose in that book Jenalyn wanted me to play with her so I slyly suggested that we play library *heehee* so she brought out some books, set them up, and even made a sign. She explained that the sign says, "Don't be loud!" "Be Quiet!" and "Don't rip the books!" ...and after daddy came and decided to do a little teasing, it also said, "No stealing books!" *lol*
Corbin LOVES his blankie! He can't sleep without it. It will be interesting this summer to see how he does in the yucky, sticky heat with his blankie wrapped around his head and shoulders (like he normally sleeps)! I don't normally let him drag it around the house because it just kinda grosses me out to have blankets drug over the dirty floor and then snuggled...but today...like I said before, I'm a little mushy...I got him up from his nap and he wouldn't let got of it! He kept saying, "blankie come too!" *lol* so I let him drag it around the house! He's my little Linus! He has always loved his blankie! Here's some pictures from today:
This is a picture I took a couple days ago during his nap:
A couple more things that made me melt this weekend: We had dinner with our friends, Keith & Marlo on Saturday night. After dinner we decided to go for a walk to the park. Soon after we set out, Keith let out a deep, heavy sigh. Corbin looked up to him and, so clearly and so grown up, said, "Are you tired?" Okay...maybe you had to be there! But it just sounded so attentive and concerned for a 2-year-old *awe* it was just so sweet!
Yesterday we were having scrambled eggs for lunch after church. Jason sneezed and in the midst of Corbin shoveling food into his mouth - using both hands and NO FORK - he mumbled, "Bless you, Daddy!"
Okay, I think I just confirmed for everyone that I'm just being emotional and extra gushy over my kids lately. Those were extremely simple things that made my heart melt. But it amazes me how caring and loving my Corbin is! I hope he never grows out of that!
7 comments:
Don't you just love love love that book! I wonder what she has done to create such an obsessed fan base. If you ever want to chat Twilight jump on vent, I'd totally be game! After you read New Moon go read my post in the MoB forum about my new pet in WoW...one word, obsessed!! Don't read it until then though...don't want to spoil anything for you. I need to go pick up The Host. Don't forget to mark December 12th on your calendar to go see the movie! lol
Your kids are way cute! Jenalyn looks so much older in that picture and that's too funny how Corbin sleeps.
I can't believe you've waited until now to read the best book ever written. Better late than never, I guess LOL. I love the series.
Your gushes over the kids is so sweet. I think every mother has those moments where she just can't believe how perfect and precious her children are. I love all the pictures, too.
I love cute little things like that! Ok, I've been hearing about those books forever and I need to read them. Cute kids by the way!
LOVE the Twilight series as well! I totally want to read them again.
Your kids are so cute! I love that pic of him napping. That is too funny.
I've never really heard of the Twilight series before...but I have way too many other tings I need to stop procrastinating about before I start reading them!
So, uh, um, you are being pretty gushy lately...are you pregnant?!
You do have cute kiddies tho'. That one of Corbin sleeping is too cute!
His little feet crossed and his blankie wrapped around him. That is seriously Hallmark quality. I love it!
I love the Twilight series, and can't wait to read the new book that comes out in August. I found them hard to put down also.
Post a Comment