Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I did it - I turned 30 - it was mostly painless

My birthday was yesterday. I got totally spoiled at work - I felt so loved! Here's a quick pic of the loot at my desk (taken with my iPhone - not bad quality, huh?):


And today I had my party at Skate World - I can't believe I actually did it - we laced up the ol' rental quads and had a party. Here are some hi-lights:

Jason and Jenalyn (her first time on skates - she did GREAT!)


It was like she was born to wear skates! She fell a lot, but she had such a great time - she cried when it was time to take them off!

Me and my princess:
Jenalyn helping Betty up after she fell - these girls have so much fun together!
Awe, me and the hubs on roller skates *sigh* and it wasn't even a couple skate:
Here is me and Venessa - BFF - we've been thru a LOT together! I LOVE YOU V!
Me and my good friend Marlo - we have Marlo to thank for most of these pictures! She couldn't skate since she is great with child so she offered to be my photographer! thankyou Marlo!
Keith (Marlo's husband) and Corbin anticipating some birthday cake :)
My good friend Jen and her Dustin! I'm so glad you were able to come! We'll hafta go again when we can get babysitters - I bet you can FLY on roller skates!
More guests (Brandon, Diana, Amberly, Chris, Heidi & Betty) - and Aunt Penny trying desperately to duck out of the picture *lol* luv ya Penny!

And the icing on the cake - they made me stand in the middle of the floor with an inflatable cake while they sang to me - of course they announced to the whole world that I was turning 30! *rolleyes* it was only slightly humiliating!


I left some guests out because I don't know how they feel about having their picture on the web - so if you're looking at this and thinking, Hey! What about me? I was there too! I won't post your pic w/out your consent *winkywink*

So it was a WONDERFUL birthday! Turning 30 wasn't so bad - not with a celebration like that anyway!

5 comments:

**the muirs** said...

Oh Cari! That looked like SO much fun! I'm so glad it turned out the way you wanted! And hey 30 is the new 20, right? ;)

Heidi said...

So, I don't even get a "friend" status in the captions...we're just "some guests"? What is that all about? :P

carizolli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carizolli said...

That goes without saying, Heidi! Everyone who knows me knows that you guys are more than just "some guests". You're like family!

Lisa said...

Hope you had a happy birthday!