Corbin before he got too cranky and had to go to bed:
We did a fun bead/peg activity with the girls:
Then we painted nails:
Then we ate cake *mmmm* I think that was the most exciting for the little girls, but we didn't get pictures! It was a bavarian cream chocolate fudge cake. I can't remember how we got started but we were joking about what it tasted like. Jenalyn kept saying that hers tasted like pickles *lol*
After all that fun we snuggled the kids up in blankets and pillows in front of a Carebears movie thinking they might fall asleep while we played a game. NOPE, they stayed up thru the whole thing. It ended just before midnight so we poured sparkling cider and toasted the New Year with our little princesses. We kissed and hugged and then we heard fireworks so we peaked out the front window and spotted a couple.
First picture in 2008 (Aimee was just too tired to smile - Jenalyn and Betty are party animals - they'd prolly stay up until 2:00 if we'd let them):
I love this picture of Jenalyn - she's such a little model, always posing for pictures:
Aimee was playing peek-a-boo thru the curtains - I got a lot of pictures of those red curtains, but I finally got a shot of her peeking thru (still too tired to smile):
So we put the girls to bed around 12:30 - without too much fuss - they were exhausted! Then we stayed up talking until 3 a.m.! *whew* good thing we decided to stay the night there! We were too pooped to drive home so we sacked out in their living room.
We have been ringing in the New Year with these guys since 2001 (I'm guessing here because I have a horrible memory - but I'm pretty sure it was the year before Aimee was born). We've been thru a lot together! Seen each other thru a lot of life's changes. I can't believe they are leaving us this year - this may have been our last New Years Eve together :( How SAD!
2 comments:
Happy New Year Cari! Found your blog through Heidi's. Hope you don't mind me peeking. Ü
Your kids are darling!!
Alright Cari, I'm convinced that your kids are probably the cutest things ever! I LOVE how Jenalyn poses, and Corbin's ALWAYS smiling!
Post a Comment