Friday, January 4, 2008

Fun conversations with my lovies

Thursday night I took Jenalyn shopping with me. Here's our conversation in the car:

Jenalyn: Mom, do you have to go to work in the morning?

Me: Yes sweetie.

Jenalyn: I can come with you!

Me: I don't think you can go to work with me honey.

Jenalyn: But I'm a really good worker!

Me: I know you are! You're a GREAT worker. But I don't think you can go to work with me.

Jenalyn: Uh-huh mom! You can be the big worker and I can be the little worker!

LOL - I wish I could take her to work with me! She'd find out it's not much fun and maybe understand when I tell her I would much rather stay home and spend the day with her. It's definitely not that I want to leave her every day!

And my new favorite thing with Corbin (I'm amazed every day by how much he talks!):

Me: Corbin, where is Jenalyn?

Corbin: I no know! (shaking his head) Neh-nyn...wheh ah you? Hmmm... (The "hmmm" really is the best part! Then he runs off to find her and when he does he yells) BOOOO!

I love this talking stage with Corbin! Jenalyn didn't speak real words until she was almost three! So to hear our little bitty Corbin say words - and actual sentences even - it's amazing to me!

1 comment:

rachel said...

I'm with you. When they hit that talking stage and are able to construct a full sentence, it's AWESOME!!! It's the best.
Enjoy your babes.