Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey, Potatoes & Pies...oh MY!

hahaha...I'm so original!

We just got back from Utah. Thanksgiving with my family. If there is one thing my family does well it's FOOD! I'm pretty sure I gained 10 pounds this week (then I got a stomach bug Sunday and lost it all! bwahahaha) We had a wonderful time ('cept for that last day when I got sick).

Here is our week of food...in pictures :)

Tuesday night mom, dad, Jason and I made the apple pies. Dad cranked the apple peeler/corer/slicer; Jason sliced; mom and I lined the pie tins with crust and put the filling together. It was fun to work together like that.
(nice little pose, eh? I look like I'm 14 in that picture!)

Wednesday we made our own pizzas. Even the kids made their own!
Thursday...of course, the big turkey spread.
I didn't get many pictures on Thanksgiving - too busy cooking - but just trust me, we had all the traditional grub. Pictured above is Jessica, Mom, Me, and Cheryl.

Friday we had our Mexican fiesta. We do it every year the day after Thanksgiving. If you ask me, it's waaaay better than the turkey spread. This year we had mom's homemade bread tacos, chile verde and enchilada casserole.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I don't have a single picture from our Friday Fiesta! I'm so sorry I have failed you. You can check out my sister Rachel's blog if you're interested...it has a couple pictures of us preparing Friday's meal.

I feel the need to say this is not an unhealthy obsession with food that my family has. I know there are people who would say that it is ridiculous to structure our get-togethers around food. But being in a medium-sized kitchen with five or more family members is a truly bonding experience! The meal prep is the hi-light of it all. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else than in the kitchen with my family.

And that's what I was especially thankful for this Thanksgiving. My Family. I wouldn't be who I am without them. I LOVE YOU ALL!
Family
The ones you live with
laugh with
and love.

6 comments:

The Fife's said...

I would have to agree that there is nothing like being elbow to elbow in the kitchen with our family!! It is the best place in the world.

Chieko said...

Thank for sharing! I love food and family combo! GOOD STUFF!
By the way, the pizza flippin' - that's a serious talent!

Kathy said...

What a great family! And look at all of you. I saw all those pies...and then I saw all the people they had to feed! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Tara said...

I love that you do a mexi fiesta after T-day -however I have no idea how you stomach all of that after all the food consumed on T-day - you got some stamina!! :)

Anyway it looks you had a great time! Family is the best!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! You're right, I can't believe we were a block from each other and didn't see each other the whole time! Maybe Christmas.... You look great!

rachel said...

What a fun holiday you had!