Thursday, December 4, 2008

Achy. Sniffle. Ugh.

Utah makes me miserable! I swear they have strange, funky germs there! I get sick EVERY time we go. Every time! Sunday we were supposed to head home but I woke up with a sick stomach and spent the rest of the day on my knees in front of the toilet.

So we headed home Monday. Still sick to my stomach and Jenalyn with a cold, we stopped in Boise and crashed. Tuesday I woke up with the cold and it has only gotten worse. Of course I would take the cold over the sick stomach any day!

Five hours in a car, driving down in altitude with a head cold - I was sure my head would explode! Misery, I tell you! Luckily the kids slept most of the way and I had a good book on CD. Thanks Dad.

I used my last tissue last night and begged Jason all day to go get me a new box. FINALLY relief. Did you know that you can now get Puffs with Vicks? Has there ever been a better combo?

I'm a total Vicks/Mentholatum junky. I use it even when I'm not sick. Just a dab under my nose at night. The smell is so comforting to me. And now I have it in a tissue. THANK YOU Puffs! A small ray of sunshine in my gray, gloomy sick day.

7 comments:

Lizzy said...

I am suffering from that same head cold! Only yours sounds way worse. And you look way cuter in that picture than I do right now LOL.

I hope you feel better soon!

Tara said...

Oh poor Cari! That sucks. Nothing is worse than being on vacation and getting sick. Get feeling better soon!

P.S. I think that is such a cute pic of you! :)

Ginny said...

Cute Cari, love the pic....yeah, sounds like you need to stay away from Utah, lol.

And thanks, you're so sweet. I am so grateful that his job switch occurred so smoothly though don't you sometimes wish that you could kidnap all your friends and family and force them to live in the same town as you?

rachel said...

Oh my gosh!!! How cute is that picture of you??!?! You should send it to Puffs (or whoever their manufacturer is... it could totally be an ad for them.)

FEEL BETTER!

Kathy said...

Oh, so sorry that you got so sick. :-( Please get well soon.

Lis said...

Oh Cari, I am so sorry you got sick.
I came home fro my family's with a cold. get well soo.

Chieko said...

Oh, you poor thing. But the picture is soooooo cute! That would make a good Puffs ad! Hope you'll get better soon. Take care, girl!