Friday, December 19, 2008

All about my girl!

(I started this post a couple weeks ago but got interrupted by Christmas chaos so I'm posting it now...before the Christmas post(s).)

Jenalyn is sumthin' else! I've been wanting to jot down some of her funny antics so I don't forget them. ...so that some day I can tell her what a fun little girl she was.


Jenalyn the Superhero:
Jenalyn has an alter-ego. She's a superhero named Rescovery Girl (dun da-da dun da dun). You didn't read it wrong - that is Rescovery Girl - NOT Discovery Girl. (Where she came up with that word, I know not. But don't try to correct her!) So the other day I asked her what Rescovery Girl is like. She told me that Rescovery Girl flies around Jenalyn World saving people who are in trouble. She wears a cape and a princess crown. She also wears princess rocket boots. WOW! A couple days later I asked her to tell Aunt Penny about Rescovery Girl and she said, "She makes people beautiful. She makes the girls beautiful and the boys handsome." That sounds terrific! I love this girl and her imagination! I especially love that she can be practicing kung-fu and kicking bad guys' butts one minute and the next she's wearing her princess dress-up clothes having a tea party. She's one heckuva girl!

Jenalyn on Santa:

Jenalyn stood by our fireplace with her hand on her hip and exclaimed, "We have a problem!" She pointed to our wood-burning stove with the pipe connecting to the wall and said, "Santa isn't going to fit down our chimney!" She said it with such seriousness! Like we better do some major remodeling before Christmas or we'd be in big trouble!

Jenalyn on Corbin:
I was tucking the kids into bed the other night and we had a strange conversation...

Jenalyn: I think we should take Corbin to some other people.
Me: (huh.) What do you mean?
Jenalyn: There are lots of people who don't have any kids!
Me: So you want to give Corbin away?
Jenalyn: Yes!
Me: Why would we do that?
Jenalyn: Because he doesn't let me sleep at night.

I never imagined Jenalyn would want to give Corbin away. I know she loves him! Sometimes in the afternoons she tells me that Corbin has been napping too long and we should wake him up so he can play with her. How lonely would she be without him? She loves her brother. I choose to believe she was just in the giving spirit of Christmas *LOL*

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I just love that Jenalyn! She is such a character. Go Rescovery Girl!

Mary said...

Go, go Jena!!

What a crack up! Very perceptive on the wood burning stove.

rachel said...

She has such spunk. Wonder where she gets it?? ;)