Friday, August 29, 2008

No More Curls

Jena-bug got her very first haircut while Gramma-Nee was here. Her hair was so long and pretty...but it was fine and curly at the ends so it was constantly tangled! But my worst fear was realized! I had put it off for so long because I was afraid of losing her pretty curls...and they are gone now *whimper* BUT, her hair is so much easier to brush thru. She doesn't yell at me nearly as much! ...and that's a good thing!

Getting a good-night kiss from grandpa:
She was such a good little customer! She was actually very excited for this! She has been asking for a hair cut for a while now. She has seen the rest of us get hair cuts and she was wondering when it would be her turn.

It was definitely harder on me than it was on her! After the first couple snips I gasped and nearly cried! Then she saw the look on my face and got really worried so I quickly regained my composure for her sake!I'm just so mad at myself for not getting good before and after pictures! It just sickens me! These will have to do:
Her hair looks shorter when it's dry. Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow. It's bone straight - just like mine now! But it looks much cleaner and neater now. I can still do pretty hair-do's with it! I love my bug's hair! Sometimes I go into a trance just brushing it! It has so many different, beautiful colors!

THANK YOU MOM - for giving Jenalyn her first haircut :) we love you!

1 comment:

rachel said...

Your baby's a-growing up! I bet her hair looks so pretty dry and brushed. Post a pic.

It is hard to see our little ones growing up right before our very eyes. Cutting off curls is HARD! That happened with my Morgan... it's been STRAIGHT ever since.