Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend BBQs & Tattoos

Ahhh...good friends! We were remembering back to the last time we got a good picture of the four of us...it hasn't been since Venessa & Rick's wedding almost 8.5 years ago!

We've had such a fun weekend! Saturday we went to my firm picnic. It was so much fun. My little family won FOUR door prizes! FOUR! That's right, each member of my family is a winner! It got a little embarrassing by the third time we won! But of course we didn't turn down the prizes! Three gift cards to Cold Stone and one to Red Robin. Yeehaw!

They also had a temporary tattoo artist there. She did airbrush tattoos :) We each gone one. Corbin got a "di-mee-saur":
Jenalyn got Good Luck Care Bear:

Jason got barbed wire around his big beefy bicep:

And here's me! *lol* I'm well known in the office as the goodie-two-shoes. Here I am hiding my bad girl tat underneath my hair!

They had some fun activities for the kids. Jenalyn blew some gigantic bubbles and also painted pictures of Wall-E and EVE.

Corbin gave us all a scare when he turned up missing for a whole 15 minutes - felt more like 5 hours! I was terrified, running horrible scenarios thru my head! In the end, Venessa found him at the far end of the park doing laps around a tree. *whew* I gave him the what-for thru my tears and he was so sweet. He seemed so concerned that I was worried and sad. Hopefully he'll remember that and never wander off again! Honestly - I took my eyes off him for ONE minute!

Some other things we did this weekend:
  • Swimming at the toddler pool Thursday afternoon.
  • Dinner with the Hesses Thursday night.
  • Dinner with the Jeskeys Friday night.
  • BBQ with our "friendship group" from church at the Bevans' house Saturday night after the firm picnic.
I think my kids had more fun this weekend than they've had in a loooong time! So many other kids to play with! Corbin was so disappointed after church when I said we were going home. And tonight after dinner Jenalyn said, "Lets go to someones house!" She is such a social bug. I need to plan some play dates for this week!

I love our friends. We are so blessed with good people in our lives!

7 comments:

rachel said...

OH gosh. That made me get that "not good tummy feeling" reading about Corbin being lost for a whopping 15 minutes!!!! That seriously is the worst feeling. I'm so so so so so so glad he was okay.

Great to see a photo of Vanessa and Rick! Do they have any kids?

What a fun weekend you guys had with friends. You have a neat ward.

The Fife's said...

Wow!! Busy, busy. I wish I was as busy as you. My weekend consisted of just hangin out!!
I do have to say your tat looks awesome!!
Love ya!

LeaAnne said...

It really sounds like a fun filled weekend! How great to have so many wonderful moments, and friends.

Mary said...

I couldn't hardly read the part about looking for Corbin. It put me in panic mode. SCARY!

Fun to have such a fun weekend!

Lisa said...

Wow! Your family won some great prizes. Your work throws a great party! So glad you found Corbin safe and sound! There is nothing worse than losing your kid. Every worse possible case scenario starts going thru your mind.

Chelsea said...

That's three meals in a row from someone else. Teach me your trick! And, I'd love to squeeze in a roller skating trip before I head out. Call me.

Jen said...

I LOVE the tatoos! Yours is so funny. Congrats on the anniversary. It always throws me off when I see a picture of Jason with hair!! Isn't summer grand! I can't wait for this weekend!