Ah heck - everyone else is doing it!
Here are the rules:
1. Add a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
9 comments:
I remember you going to work without brushing your teeth. I am so glad I don't have a blog page your you to blog me.
Let's see! I remember quite a few things. I remember the VT visits and the bbq we had at your house. But one thing that really stands out was a conversation we had in the mother's lounge at church once. You were telling me about how you hadn't had dairy in... I don't remember how long it'd been. But I thought to myself, I don't know if I'd be as loving of a parent as she is, I think I'd just give the kid a bottle. I really admired your selflessness. I don't think I could do that!
I have so many...how to narrow it down.... I remember when we use to sneak into the high school in Castle Dale and chat with guys all over the world all night long!
I love you sis!
I remember running into you at WinCo - not knowing you all that well - but feeling like we're forever friends because of our blogging ties. So cool!!
Holy COW ok so I have quite a few memories to sift through...but first can I just say that I totally remember you guys sneaking into the HS. You used to drag me along with you and I HATED it! *lol* Ok how about when you were suppose to help me get ready for my Valentine's dance but you had to work or something so you painted me a really cute angel holding a heart to apologize. Or more recently when we would go to the store and talk in our (slightly creepy) crazy voices! We would be pretty hyper by the time we were done. Oh and the time that you, Steph, V, and I all went out for a night on the town...We were lookin Hot! :) Gosh I could go on and on.
The first time I met you was at Heidi and Chris's place. Little Jenalyn was just a little ball of baby and I remember thinking, "adults can still have fun after kids." I realize this is a dumb thought, but being a Mom was so intimidating to me. Like, I thought you locked yourself in your house and contained the mayhem until they turned 6 or something. You made it look fun!
At the MoB union staying up late talking and watching you be brave and climb the rock wall. That was so awesome, getting to know you.
ahh.......
so many but a mother has years of good memories when she has good kids. I have good kids! You are one of them. We nicked-name you CareBear for a reason. You always cared about everyone before you thought of yourself. You have been that way all of your life. When you were very young (when most kids want every toy they see and cry if they don't get it) you would give up what you had, willingly, to another child so they would not cry. You are the type of person that cares very deeply for others and for their well being. You are very selfless and your kids are turning out quite like their Mother which means you are a good example to them.
When we moved to Castle Dale you missed Rachel so much. You became your little sisters best friend and she yours. You always tried to set a good example for her and she loved you very much and wanted to do everything you did. I remember one night that you came to me and was worried about the example that you had set for Cheryl when you didn't come home until 5 in the morning. You promised me then that you would never do anything that would lead Cheryl in the wrong direction. Thank you for keeping that promise Love you Mom
Funny! I have more memories of you husband because he was our HT. I really just remember you from picking up/dropping off our kids in nursery and getting a moment to chat. So sad...
Post a Comment