It's a good thing my kids make me feel like the most important person in the world when I walk in the door. I love coming home! Squeals, smiles, and open arms coming at me! It will never get old! I will always cherish that - well, at least as long as it lasts! I'm sure one day they'll barely turn their heads from the screen when I walk in the room!
Here's how I found Jenalyn when I got home on Monday. Her position cracked me up - oh to be young and flexible again, eh? And look closely, that's our fat black cat curled up in the crook of her leg :)
I've been wanting to post a picture of Corbin's haircut (I cut it Saturday afternoon) - unfortunately this is the best pic I've gotten of it so far - please excuse the cookie-face!
Anyhow, speaking of how loved these kids make me feel...I hadn't realized how much our time together in the morning means to Jenalyn. On Monday she woke up crying at 6 a.m. and she was calling out "Mommy...*sob* mommy..." so I rushed in there and she immediately perked up and said, "Oh, you haven't left for work yet?" She was afraid she had missed me - it's getting lighter earlier and she thought it was later in the morning and that I had already left for work. I thought that was sweet. But I still told her to go back to bed and promised that I would wake her up before I left. I still had 45 mins of sleep left and darned if I was gonna miss out *lol*Anyhow, I guess this was a rambly post. I just needed to vent about my stressful week - and then count my precious blessings to pick myself back up. Thanks for "listening".
4 comments:
You're kiddos are just TOO cute! I love Jen's pose. She likes to pose even in her sleep! :) Corbin's hair looks mighty fine! You did a great job!
I'm sorry your week has been miserable! Hopefully it will get better now that your "coworker" came in today! Maybe you should just have an extremely relaxing weekend!
Oh I'm sorry you have had a stressful week! And look at you still doing your visiting teaching last night. That's pretty impressive! :)
Try to take it easy this weekend!
I don't work nearly as much as you do, but I can sympathize. I've had to fill in a lot lately and do extra duty. It makes the day so much more worth is when you walk through the door and all you hear are squeels of "Mommy! You're Home!!" and big hugs.
I'm sorry you had such a rough week. I hope you had a relaxing weekend.
ps. my blog address has changed.
Corbin's hair looks great! I wouldn't dare try and cut Benjamin's hair! I also love the happy reception I get when I get home. I hope it never stops! I hope your week gets better soon.
Post a Comment