Saturday, April 12, 2008

Temple Trip

Last night we went to the temple with some people from the ward. We had a GREAT time. It was like a youth temple trip :) We piled into the EQ Pres' Lincoln Navigator - 8 of us (Jen & Tim met us there). It was cozy, but by no means cramped - that's one BIG SUV!

We got to the temple as the sun was setting. The sun hit the temple spires so beautifully! My senses were overloaded - so of course I had to snap a picture! It was incredible, then as we were walking up to the door we were hit with an amazing fragrance. Jeannie and I were sniffing around to see which of the beautiful flowers made that deliciously sweet smell. I love going to the temple. It's so peaceful...and this was all before we even entered the doors. I know we are very lucky to have a temple just 2 hours away - but I really wish we had one closer so we could go more often. It was a great experience!

So after our session at the temple we piled back in the Navigator and drove down the street to ColdStone. It was about 10:20 p.m. and the sign on the door said they closed at 10:00 *hmph* we sat outside for about 10 minutes with our mouths watering, wondering what our other options for ice cream might be. We saw a guy leave with his ice cream and someone noted that meant the doors were unlocked ;) So Jeannie couldn't stand it any longer and she jumped out of the car and went on in. Before long she turned around and gave us all thumbs-up and we piled out and so we all ran in for ice cream. I can only imagine what those poor employees were thinking when we piled out of the Nav like it was a circus car *lol* They were great though and the ice cream was phenomenal, of course!

Oh, and one of the best parts of the night, we were able to complete the work for 10 of my ancestors :)

5 comments:

rachel said...

I'm glad you had such a nice experience at the temple, but the Coldstone experience cracked me up! Good for your friend to be so assertive. Right on!!

Lisa said...

That sounds like a fun time. I wish we could go to the temple more often. I'm impressed you all found baabysitters at the same time! :) I've never done work for my own ancestors. I bet that is really neat.

LeaAnne said...

Yahoo for Temple work! That is So great that you got all that family work done! I too am impressed with you all finding babysitters at the same time! Glad you had such a great time!

Jen said...

That was a fun trip. It was so great to be inside the temple with you guys! We have to get together for another sleep over one of these nights!

**the muirs** said...

Cari that picture of the temple is GORGEOUS! Seriously, its perfect! I'm so glad that you had a good time!