Thursday, August 18, 2011

According to Corbin

I had an interesting conversation with Corbin this morning.

Corbin: You're actually really going to have another baby.

Me: I don't think so, buddy.

Corbin: You really are! You just don't believe me!

Me: How do you know?

Corbin: That's what mommies do! They have babies. When you stop having babies, then you die.

Grandma: If she's going to have another baby, will it be a boy, or a girl?

Corbin: Well, Aunt Cheryl had a boy and then a girl...and then a boy and then a girl...

(Actually, Aunt Cheryl only has a boy and a girl.)

...so we're going to have a boy next.

Me: Oh buddy, I really don't think we'll have another baby.

Corbin: But I really want a little brother! So I can teach him all about dinosaurs! And how to be a good boy, like me!

Me: Well, I think you better take this up with Dad.

Corbin: BUT Dad can't have babies!

....A little later....

Corbin: You're the BEST mom I've ever had!

Me: Awe, really? How many moms have you had?

Corbin: Seventeen. And you're the best of all! That's why I picked YOU!

2 comments:

Georgia! said...

Hahaha this is great! He's such a cute little kid!

Kathy said...

Love it! It is definitely his own world. :-D

PS my verification word is "undies"!!!