My grandma treated us to breakfast first thing in the morning. I *thought* about ordering something healthy...Nah! It's my birthday! If there's ever a day to splurge, it's your birthday, right? So I ordered berry-filled crepes with ham and eggs.
After breakfast I got a little nap with my baby - one of my favorite things to do these days! She's so warm and cuddly.
Anyway, after that I went shopping at the mall with Venessa. Jason and his dad both gave me shopping money (and I'm still not done spending it *heehee*). I seriously needed that! When I was working, all my clothes were business-casual, after I quit I was wearing maternity clothes. I so badly needed new clothes.
After shopping, Venessa and James came over to our house for dinner and dessert. We ordered P.F. Changs (take-out):
(Isn't it gorgeous? So colorful and yummy! You can also see the pretty flowers Jason bought me. Awe.)And then we made fondue in the new melting pot I got for Christmas. That was an inspired gift, I'll tell you what! I'm horrible at melting chocolate. I don't know why it's so hard for me. I always scorch it! This thing was so easy to use! And it was the perfect birthday treat!
I...Love...BIRTHDAYS!
I love having a day to celebrate one person. Holidays are fun and all, but I think it's even more fun to act like royalty for a day. It's the one day out of the year when I don't have to cook or clean for an entire 24 hours! I love it. I relish it!
2 comments:
What a fun Birthday! I love being the star for the day too. Everybody deserves that.
Wish we could have been ther.
Post a Comment