Friday, February 13, 2009

My LOVE

<---------Whew! I love this man. This is STILL my favorite picture of him. So what better to do on Valentine's Day than to dedicate a blog about my sweetheart? I blog so much about the kids, I don't want anyone to think my Jason isn't important to me! He IS! So, to make it easy, I will construct a list of my favorite things about the man I love: [ahem...]
  • He is SUCH a good father! Jenalyn was the first baby he ever held. Yeah...ever! So the whole baby-thing was completely foreign to him. It has been amazing to watch him grow into the father that he is today. He plays with them; he teases them (relentlessly - he's an only child so sometimes I think he's making up for not having siblings to pick on); he teaches them interesting things, like how to sword fight, what a ninja says, and the names and skills of his WoW characters *LOL*; and he's the resident bedtime story reader, he even lets them pick which voice he should use for the story every night: scary voice, silly voice, etc.
  • He makes me laugh EVERY day. His jokes don't seem to get old. He just keeps getting funnier.
  • He puts up with ME! I tell ya, this job aint for the weak! Some days I can be a monster! Even on my ugliest days, he still loves me. *shrugs* I don't get it!
  • He has a way of soothing me. He makes bad days better. Last night I worked a long day, after only getting 5.5 hours of sleep. When I got home I was exhausted and he let me lock myself in the bedroom for a power nap while he made dinner and fed the kids. He woke me up at 6:00, gave me a bowl of his delicious, totally-loaded scrambled eggs (one of his specialties) and a cup of yogurt w/blueberries, and encouraged/forced me out the door to Relief Society Enrichment. He knew I would be upset if I missed it, and feel better if I went. He was right. (Shh...don't tell him I said that.)
  • Whenever he helps the kids with a prayer he ALWAYS includes, "We thank thee for mom and for all that she does for us." He never skips that! I love that he teaches the kids to be grateful for me. I hope that doesn't sound vain or conceited to say that, but it makes me feel special and I think it shows them that HE loves and appreciates me. I love that he is teaching our kids gratitude thru his example.
  • He LOVES me! He tells me I'm beautiful every day (yes, even on my monstrous days). He says, "I love you" at least a dozen times a day (again, even on my hideous days). He shows me he loves me thru his affections, words and actions (I don't think I have to tell you again).
  • I love the way he hugs me. My head fits nicely under his chin. Some days there is no place I would rather be than wrapped in his arms, tucked away under his chin.
  • Sometimes he calls me out of the blue because he saw a ladybug and thought of me.
  • He is talented (he's learning to play the guitar). He is smart. He is tech-savvy. He is a good writer (one day he e-mailed me a poem at work entitled "I Stacked a Dish" it had me rolling on the floor laughing - yes, I rofl'd in my cubicle that day!) Sometimes he blows me away with all that he can do.
  • When I get sick his nuture-mode kicks into overdrive!  He has gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to run to Wal-Mart for anti-nausea medicine or even just Advil or NyQuil and tissues.
Ahhh...it feels good to focus on the things I love about this man I have chosen to spend all eternity with. My weaknesses are his strengths and vice-versa ('cept for some weaknesses we have in common, like Dairy Queen for example). We make a good team.

I love you, Jason. Thank you for picking me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post! You sound so happy.
After reading this, I realized I rarely post about my hubby...

Chelsea said...

Sweet! Sounds like a good catch. I love that he has the kids pray about you.

Tara said...

What a sweet guy and what a sweet tribute from you!!

Zolli said...

Wow. I don't know what to say...

Happy Valentines, babe. Thank you for everything you are.

I love you.

miahons said...

I am so happy that you have such a great guy. You deserve a great guy.

Kathy said...

Aww! What sweetness. You're a great couple.

Chieko said...

Awwwwww, that is sooooooo sweet!! Your post made me feel so happy and smile. I love it! You guys are so cute together. Thanks for sharing.
So, will you post the master piece "I stacked a dish" sometimes?