YAY! It has been so much fun celebrating my little man this the past week!
Let's review:
Saturday The Aunts (Jason's Aunt Dale and Aunt Nancy) came down to visit. They showered us with gifts :) we celebrated mine, Gramma Jan's and Corbin's birthdays. After opening gifts Grampa John treated us all to dinner at Red Robin. We had a great time! Good food, good company, and Gramma Jan seemed to be doing pretty good. She looked so beautiful and seemed to be in high spirits. It just felt like one of those happy-everything-is-right-type of evenings!
Corbin was so cute opening his gifts. He was so serious about it. They got him a cute...er...coooool...outfit and he threw it on the floor as if it was a gift bag full of dirt *LOL* Nancy and Dale just laughed it off. Said it was typical for a boy *whew* well, I really liked it! But we've always joked that buying clothes for kids is more a gift for the parents anyway! So anyhow, then he started unwrapping fun toys like dinosaurs and his favorite gift: the Screamin' Banshee from the show Mater and the Ghost Light. He LOVES it! Oh my gosh, he loves it!
Monday we took Jenalyn to preschool at noon and then me, Jason and Corbin went to P.F. Changs for lunch (Jason's late birthday gift from The Aunts was a gift card for P.F. Changs *woot*). Corbin got the most perfect, accurate fortune in his cookie! It said, "You will bring sunshine into someone's life." Uh, yah! He brings me sunshine every day...even in this grey, rainy Oregon winter!So we had planned on making homemade pizza for his birthday dinner. When I called to remind Jason to start the pizza crust in the breadmaker he was up to his eyeballs in client work and just couldn't break away. No problem, I'll just throw it together as soon as I get home and we can eat around 6:30. Super Mom can still salvage this birthday! ...da-da-da-dun-da-dun...
Well...when I walked in the door after a long, grumpy day at work, Corbin came running out of his bedroom STARK NAKED! Yep, no clothes, no diaper. Just the birthday boy in his birthday suit! I asked him why he was naked and he looked down like, huh? I'm naked? *LOL* upon further questioning and investigation, I learned that Jason had put him down for a nap and went back to his work. I walked into Corbin's room to find his clothes and found that he pooped on his floor! *ugh* Are you kidding me? Someone potty-train that kid already! Sheesh! So instead of throwing dough in the breadmaker, I spent the next hour bathing Corbin, cleaning up poop, mopping their entire floor (thank goodness for hardwood), stripping sheets, and Lysol'ing the entire room. *sigh*
I still love that birthday boy more than I can even tell you!
So instead of pizza, we decided to make "3" pancakes and bacon for dinner. I also threw together a little fruit salad for a side. I heated up some frozen blueberries in the syrup for a little sumthin' extra special. It was all quick, easy, and we had everything we needed. And best of all, Corbin loved it!
8 comments:
You are so cute. I NEVER would have thought to make "3" pancakes. But that is genius! I'm gonna steal that for Ben's next birthday.
Happy Birthday, Corbin! You big three year old, you.
Sounds like you had a fun week. And that Corbin enjoyed his birthday dinner.
I wish I could be there, or should I say, could have been there for the birthday week. Give him hugs for me and have him give you hugs for me. : )
Oh the joys of motherhood. I picked Mckayli's nose the other day and Anika said "SICK" and so I told her . . . "That is the very least of it!"
Happy Birthday Corbin!
Happy Birthday, Corbin!! I love the "3" shaped pancake - did you just draw that?
Happy Birthday to your big boy! He's so cute. What a special birthday you had for him.
That sounds like quite the great week, except for the poop. Been there done that. The pancakes are really cute though. I say GREAT job super mom....da-da-da-dun-da-dun.....
You are such a cute mom! I love the "3" pancakes. He is such a darling boy too. 3 years old wow!
Post a Comment