Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Girl

I always drill Jenalyn about what she did at preschool, who she played with, what kind of story they read, what they had for snacks, etc. I just like to hear about her day :)

Here is how it went yesterday.

Me: How was preschool today, Jenalyn?

Jenalyn: It was good.

Me: What did you have for snacks today?

Jenalyn: Crackers and juice - but I didn't have any juice. Sally got me some water.
(Sally is her teacher who she named her dolly for.)

Me: You got water and everyone else got juice? Why is that?

Jenalyn: I told Sally that juice is too sugary and it would make me wild. I didn't want to be too wild for preschool.

LOL! Her teachers must think we are sugar-nazis now! ...which we're NOT, by the way. I mean, yeah, we try not to give the kids too much sugar, but we're not nuts about it.

(p.s. this picture was taken at in June - so it's not recent - but it's one of my favorites! I love that sweet smile, that long beautiful, slightly curled hair, the loving, motherly way she's holding Sally-girl. *sigh* She's so beautiful to me!)

6 comments:

rachel said...

What a doll!
(Have I already asked you... where is she going to preschool?)

Lizzy said...

I love this age, where they tell you everything. I teach 4 year olds at church and they're always busting out the funniest information (their complete address, what their mommy said about so and so, why their sibling was in time out). I love it.

The Fife's said...

Maybe she caught on to what we were always saying to Mason while we were there. That sounds exactly like what I tell him. How cute!!

Ginny said...

That is awesome! And Jenalyn is too cute in that picture!

Jen said...

She is so cute! I love it. They are parrots at this age! It makes me so nervous sometimes, I worry I'll say the wrong thing!

Mary said...

I vote her the spokeswoman for the American Heart Association! What a doll.