Grandpa John moved in with us at the first of May. It's been...interesting. I think it has been very good for Jason and his dad's relationship. And I love to see the kids interacting with him and listening to his stories. I hope they will make good, lasting memories with him.
For me, it has been like having another kid. Only I can't discipline him LOL. I can't put him in time-out or make him take "just three more bites!" before he can leave the table. But it's one more person to feed, clean up after, taxi around, and another schedule to manage.
As for positives for me, this new situation has made me more appreciative of my sweet mother-in-law. I feel closer to Jan than I ever have. I miss her so much! I think of her often and I can feel her giving me strength. I often feel like what I'm doing is a favor to her.

3 comments:
I am a firm believer that this WILL turn out to be a blessing in all of your lives! It might not seem like it while it is happening but when all is said and done it will be a time in your life that you will look back on and be glad you did! I love you Cari!
CUTE. That is a sweet thing about your MIL. I think that is great. Keep it up. your an inspiration.
This is very sweet. You will be blessed.
PS That Instagram picture of Tienna looks like it should have one of those "You mean to tell me..." memes on it! lol
Post a Comment