Friday, January 27, 2012

Lil' Sickie Lou

Tienna started throwing up Sunday night and hasn't stopped :( Today is FRIDAY! It does seem to be slowing down, but she's still pretty weak and wimpy. My poor little sweetie. I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and again this morning because she didn't seem to be getting any better. They took a urine sample...via catheter - you can guess how much she loved that...to rule out UTI. That came back negative.

Then they sent us down to the lab for blood work. They poked my poor little baby in her right arm and took all the blood they could milk out of her tiny little arm. Then they decided that wasn't enough, so they went after her other arm. It was horrible! I held her so tight, singing softly in her ear. But I don't think she heard me over her own screaming. It was truly heartbreaking. I never want to go through that again.

On a selfish note (yeah, I'm selfish sometimes), I had something planned for every night this week. I'm talking fun, social plans! Things I was totally looking forward to, because as a stay at home mom, I don't get grown up time with friends very often. And I had to cancel all my plans. So very sad.

But every time I held my sick little girl. Every time I was there to hold her after she just emptied her stomach, to wash her up and give her fresh clean pajamas, I felt like the most important person on earth. I was there to give her comfort, love and reassurance. And I could feel her gratitude for that. I could feel our bond growing.

We bonded over puke.

It was beautiful.

2 comments:

**the muirs** said...

"We bonded over puke" That is an epic statement! :)

Poor, poor sweet Tienna Lou! I really hope that all of this blows over tomorrow and she will just wake up her healthy little self again! We love you sweet girl!

Kathy said...

Aw, poor sweetie! And you too! Hope this too passes quickly.