Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I miss it...

Today I went with the youth from our church to the Federal Courthouse for a tour. A member of our bishopric is a U.S. Attorney and while he introduced different people to us, you could hear the pride in his voice. He's proud of the people he gets to associate with on a daily basis. Good, respectable, intelligent professionals who are important in our community.

That's what I miss about my work.

Sorry this is a back-to-back post about my former life as a legal assistant. But it really struck me today. I miss the people I worked with.

I don't miss waking up every morning in a rush to get out the door {late again} for work. I don't miss my ever-growing pile of filing. I don't miss that one person who I was forced to work with even though our personalities clashed like the titans. I don't miss my itty-bitty cubicle - no, wait. I do kind of miss that. It was always tidy, with a place for everything, and everything in it's place ('cept for that darned pile of papers waiting to be filed). I wish I had an itty-bitty spot in my house that was ALWAYS tidy. But I digress...

I do miss interacting with, associating with, and working for people that I highly respected. Stalwarts in our community. Good, respectable attorneys who worked hard to get that big, corner office. And my Nancy-boss. Who worked especially hard to get to where she is today. She made it big in the "man's world" while somehow managing to keep her family a top priority. Definitely someone to admire and look up to.

And I got to rub shoulders with these people. Every day!

I miss them.

(Please don't misconstrue this to read that I don't like my life and the people in it today. That's not at all true. I wouldn't give this up for anything. I love my life.)

No comments: