Thursday, September 9, 2010

First of First

(She looks so tired in these pictures! Also, she refused any type of barrette or headband in her hair for the first day. *sigh*)

Yesterday was Jenalyn's first day of first grade. When asked what she was most excited about she replied, "I get to eat lunch at the school - and I get to have three recesses!" Also somebody had told her that the first graders get to go to JAPAN. I don't know where that came from, but she was pretty disappointed when I told her that it's the FIFTH graders who go to Japan.

Well, we made it "back to school" but I still have so many anxieties! The English teacher in the school is known for being very stern. And I've also heard that the first graders get slammed with homework. I am not looking forward to that! I don't know how Jenalyn will handle it. I might have to sign her up for the after-school homework club. It's like pulling teeth to get that girl to do homework.

In other news, I still have not found another preschool for Corbin. I'm getting really discouraged, and he's going to start getting so bored, sitting around waiting for sissy to get home!

I'm still relatively new at this stay-at-home-mom gig - what do I do with my 4-year old all day?

5 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

It can be a challenge to fill your day up, huh? We love going to story time at the library, and going to the park. when the weather turns rainy there are kids museums that are fun, too.

It seems like it took some adjustment time for Luke (my 4 year old last year)to realize he had to play mostly by himself since his older sister was at school.

But honestly preschool is a life saver...for everyone involved. Good luck! Are you in Springfield? We took our oldest to the church/preschool across from Albertsons on 19th street, and really liked it!

Georgia! said...

I don't know if you've looked into it or not, but the North Eugene High School Preschool has a really great program. Kelly, the teacher is really nice, and all the high schoolers who "work" there are trained and tested before they go in. I really enjoyed being able to be in the preschool with the little kids. Plus, Ben goes there, so Corbin would have a friend. You can send him there as much or as little as you want to. You can send him only for mornings, or morning and afternoon, everyday, or as little as one day a week. I think Corbin would really enjoy it too! You should look into it if you haven't already.

Chieko said...

Oh, Cari. It took me a while to get used to this stay-at-home thing. It'll get better.
I can't believe she is in 1st grade! She looks so grown-up in the picture, especially on the left. Well, she may not get to go to Japan this year, but when she does, I'd love to join her!

TraciandBradley said...

What do you do you ask? Come and play with me and my 3 kiddos!! They would LOVE a friend to play with. SERIOUSLY!! I am home all day every day with the kids. :)

TraciandBradley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.