Monday, August 30, 2010

Back-to-School Anxieties

...for me. Not the kids.

School starts in just over a week. This will be the first year having Jenalyn gone full days. ALL DAY, my sweet girl will be in someone else's care. YIKES! Besides that, Corbin will only be in preschool a couple days a week for a few hours at a time, who is going to entertain him while she's gone? The TV? Probably. *LOL*

It will also be our first year having to get up and out the door first thing in the morning (we did afternoon preschool and kindergarten). I was never on time when I was working...how am I going to get my 6-year-old up and ready and out the door, with the 4-year-old in tow, before 8:30 a.m. ... every morning? And we'll have to add a newborn to the mix in just about 8 weeks!

What if Jenalyn has forgotten everything she learned last year? What if I haven't done a good enough job working with her to keep it all fresh in her head? What if she's behind all the other kids when school starts again? What if she feels like she isn't as smart as the other kids? What if she doesn't make good friends? What if she sits by herself during lunch? What if she comes home crying....

I'll just die.

....AHHH! I'm going to drive myself batty. I have a week to pull myself together. Breathe, Cari. Just breathe.

4 comments:

**the muirs** said...

Oh Cari! You worry too much! (you take after mom) Jenalyn will be fine! She's a smart girl and super cute and friendly! She'll have plenty of friends and she'll do wonderful! She takes after her mommy! It will be a transition but you will all be fine! You're Super Mom remember? You're going to do amazing!

I love you!

PJ Productions said...

Oh school is so scary. Jenalyn is such a cute and sweet girl she will be fine. I am also worried about getting Jess to school on time. I know we will be up but will she have messy hair? That is stressing me out.

Lis said...

They will be fine! I promise. Alex is in school all day now and it's hard on Spencer.He's looking forward to preschool next week. Remember to breathe, and you'll get into a routine and things will be fine. Miss you!

Kathy said...

Keep breathing! It will all work out. You'll do great!