Monday, July 26, 2010

Eleven Years

Thursday was our 11th wedding anniversary. ELEVEN YEARS! Woohoo! This past year has definitely been a pivotal year for us. After all the trials and changes, I'd say we came out of it better. Stronger. I can't speak for Jason, but I think we both love and appreciate each other more than ever.

During our 10th year of marriage:
  • We've had our highest highs and lowest lows.
  • Jason's amazing mother passed away :(
  • We enjoyed a our Christmas holiday with my parents - they stayed in Oregon for a whole 2 months!
  • Jason got a job - well, a more consistent, reliable contract job. Which he loves!
  • I QUIT my job of 12 years! YAY! (and boo, it was kinda sad leaving.) I'm finally living my dream of being a stay-at-home mom. And I love it! I've had a lot of fun with the kids this summer!
  • Jenalyn finished her first year at Japanese Immersion School - and she loves it!
  • Corbin finished his first year of pre-school and gave his teachers a run for their money!
  • We are expecting Baby #3 (a GIRL) in late October.
We didn't have much time to celebrate on Thursday. Jason wanted to whisk me away for a weekend, but I talked him out of it because we need the money for other things right now. But we had an awesome date night on Saturday.

The company Jason is working for had a "Night at the Em's." They do this in lieu of a company picnic. So we got a babysitter and went to the baseball game. We got to sit by a couple from our ward (he actually got Jason the lead on this job) and we chatted the whole time. It was fun getting to know them better. Plus, I won a door prize *woo*

As we were leaving the game (early, because Jason wanted to go to a movie), I got a text from Venessa. She was bragging that she was at Bite of Eugene and Samba Ja was playing (that was our favorite entertainment from the Eugene Celebration last year). Well, we were just down the street so we stopped by briefly. We got there just in time to catch their last song...sigh...but it was still fun to visit with Venessa and James. As we were leaving for the movie, Samba Ja was getting back on stage...sigh again...this time with fire dancers!! SHEESH! Bad timing! But, we stayed long enough to get a short video of one of the fire dancers. I want to be a fire dancer some day. *heehee*


We made it to the movie just in time. We saw Inception. Pretty good show. By the end of the evening we both agreed that it was one of the best date nights we've had in a long time!

The next day, Jason spoke in church. That was icing on the big, beautiful, delicious cake! I love listening to him speak. He's so eloquent.

I love that man for so many reasons...on so many levels!

Here's to another awesome year together *cheers*

3 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you had a great anniversary!

Jen said...

Congrats and here's to many more happy years to come!

Kathy said...

Congratulations to you both! You have a beautiful little family. May you enjoy many more years and an eternity of happiness together.