Sunday, August 16, 2009

Douglas County Fair

We met my good friend Leigha and her family at the Douglas Couny Fair on August 6. Leigha and I were best friends when we were 15 years old, living in Roseburg. We haven't seen each other in 12 years. So we decided to meet up again in our old stomping grounds. We're partners in crime, as you can see from the picture.

Do you have a friend who, no matter how much time has past, and how much you've changed as a person, is just so easy to be around? Like no time has passed at all? That's my Leigha.

Our kids got along great too! Leigha has an almost 3-year-old named Connor. He and Corbin cruised in the stroller and went on lots of rides together. She also has an 9-year-old son and a 7-year-old step-son who were sweet enough to take Jenalyn on her favorite ride (more than once) because her parents can't handle spinning like they used to.

Anyway, we had a fabulous time. The weather was perfectly pleasant. About mid-70's and overcast. The kids went on tons of rides. And we ate some good food. We're hoping to make this an annual affair.
One of the highlights of the day for me (almost as great as seeing my Leigha again.) was seeing JOSH TURNER's concert *squeals* Oh yeah baby! His voice melts me. He's so talented. I had Jenalyn convinced that he came all this way, just to sing to *ME* hee hee. Even though we had the worst seats in the house, and were surrounded by hundreds of other people...she still believed me.

We didn't stay for the whole concert because it was the end of the day and the kids weren't havin' it. But I did get to hear him sing "Firecracker" *swoon* I wish I could have heard "Your Man" or "Would You Go With Me." Ah well, maybe next time. (Please let there be a next time.)
So anyway, that was our day at the fair. We had a wonderful time. Even Jason, who hates going to the fair, admitted it was a GREAT day.

Love you, Leigha! See you next year...if not before.

1 comment:

Leigha said...

We had so much fun, didn't we?
I will have to post my picture's of the kids and Josh Turner. Conner keeps asking me "Mommy, where is my friend"? He can't remember Corbin's name but when I say "Who, Corbin"? his face lights up.