Sunday, January 11, 2009

Make New Friends But Keep the Old...

...some are silver while the other gold.

Last Wednesday night we helped our friends pack up their moving van and said goodbye *cries* they left us for Utah the next morning. They have been talking about it and planning it for a long time and it finally came...and now they are GONE!

We have been close like family since 2001! Before any of us had kids. Our kids have been friends since before they could walk. Aimee and Betty are the closest Jenalyn has to sisters and I know she loves them as if they were her sisters.

We've been a lot of places and have done a lot of things together. When we got back from helping them pack Wednesday night I stayed up [way too late] going thru old pictures so I thought I would share some.

This is the oldest picture I could find - taken on Jenalyn's first birthday in the zoo parking lot:
Here is a collage of other pictures of the girls together throughout the past 5 years:
And the most recent, taken New Year's Eve (these girls really know how to rock!):
Here is a small, condensed list of what we've done/been thru together:
  • Countless game nights: Settlers of Catan and Papa John's Pizza (including some really intense games that I thought might end our friendship *LOL*).
  • Numerous other games (i.e. Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit; Apples to Apples; Guild Wars; Munchkin *blegh*, etc.)
  • We've had 7 New Years celebrations.
  • Gone thru 5 pregnancies (combined).
  • Moved 8 times (combined).
  • Gone on 2 vacations together (Utah and Colorado).
  • Countless shared dinners (sometimes 2-3 times a week).
  • About 5 sleep-over parties (including a back-yard campout).
  • A couple of trips to the zoo.
  • Several birthday celebrations (Heidi and I have made quite a few birthday cakes together!)
  • Several scrapbooking outings.
This list certainly doesn't cover everything. We've also enjoyed trips to the pumpkin patch, the County Fair, Halloween parties/trick-or-treating, parks, swimming pools, Sunday scones...just to name a few...

*sigh* I miss them already!

The good news here is I know we will stay in touch. With the technology we have, and as close as our families are, I have no doubt they will be in our lives forever! After all, they did move to UTAH - hello...we go to Utah at least once a year! They can't get rid of us that easily!

So here's to good, lasting friendships! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Isn't it just rough to say goodbye to great friends? I hate it! At least they moved somewhere you visit. And there is always blogging to keep ya in touch!

Ginny said...

Aww, I think I'm gonna cry! After our most recent move I realized that it's easy to not appreciate the good friendships I have until they're gone (gone as in no longer within an hours drive). I'm glad it's easy for you guys to chat and visit often.

Jen said...

What a sweet post. I know they will miss you guys so much. It's just not the same when close friends move! Don't worry though, we'll fill in some of those dinners for ya! At least there's the blog world!

rachel said...

I bet that was so hard to say goodbye to them. What great people. They are going to be so happy, though, in their own place. I wish them the BEST!!