Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The *AuntCheryl* Pillow

A couple years ago my sister came to stay with us for the summer. While she was here Jenalyn "inherited" this pillow from her and it is her absolute favorite - I think she would prolly have a harder time sleeping with out it than Sally!

So this morning I was in the bathroom getting ready for work and Jenalyn came in all groggy and not quite awake - she's carrying her auntcheryl pillow and sniffing it with this look of sleepy-joy on her face *lol* I said, "Do you like the smell of your pillow, Jenalyn? Does that smell good?" She just kept sniffing it and said, "Mmm, it smells so good! You wanna smell it mom?" So I did, and I must say it smelled like bad breath! She slobbers when she sleeps and it kinda grossed me out!

So this afternoon I was doing a load of laundry and decided to throw in the pillow - BIG mistake! Woops! When I got it out for her tonight the first thing she did was smell it! Then she gave me the worst dirty look and exclaimed "It doesn't smell like RAINBOWS anymore, mom!" OH MY GOSH! Rainbows? what do rainbows smell like? I've never smelled one, but apparently Jenalyn has *lol* it was jut too cute - I couldn't NOT blog about this! My sweet girl! Apparently her bad-breath-slobbery auntcheryl pillow smelled like rainbows!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I can't wait to see you guys!! Kisses from Aunt Rachel *muah*muah*

Ginny said...

That Jenalyn...she comes up with the most cute, innocent ideas! Like she's straight out of a fairy tale.

Lizzy said...

So funny! I told John once that I love smelling Ben first thing in the morning and he thought it was gross because he thinks he smells like bad breath. I think he smells like sleep and sweet dreams. Maybe bad breath has a different sort of smell to some of us LOL!

**the muirs** said...

*grins* This just tickles me! I LOVE that girl! Who would've known that a little pillow could be a girls best friend? And rainbows? I picture them smelling kind of like strawberries...*sigh* yea strawberries!

rachel said...

How DARE you wash the rainbows out of her pillow!!! (((gasp)))

Tara said...

That is hilarious! and a little yucky! I'm glad you washed the thing. I'm sure in not time it will be back to smelling like rainbows :)

so have fun in Utah! To answer your question we are leaving on May 20..

Lisa said...

That story made me smile. I didn't expect to read that it smelled like rainbows. Wow! I love the innocence of little children.

Brianne said...

I just LOVE this age. Austin is doing "creative" stuff just like that too. She's too cute!

Jen said...

Isn't it funny how picky kids are about those things!!! How do they know?!? You think they'll never notice but they always do!

Anonymous said...

You know I never thought about what rainbows smell like either. What a cute thing to say. I am looking forward to see you guys soon.

Chelsea said...

I haven't read your blog in a while, so I am sort of catching up here. This is hilarious stuff. Rainbows? YUCK! I can only type 59 words per minute. You are a speed demon!